JCC Maccabi 2023
Join local athletes as part of Team Moise Safra Center for this once-in-a-lifetime experience! More than 1,800 participants from around the world will travel to Fort Lauderdale to compete in week-long athletic competition against Jewish teens from all over the United States, Israel, Great Britain, Mexico, Canada, and more. The Games are played with a focus on sportsmanship with the intent to foster long-lasting friendships, memories and connection to Judaism and Israel.
As a JCC Maccabi athlete, you will:
- Be a part of the rich 41-year tradition of the Games, the largest annual gathering of Jewish teens in the world
- March in the Parade of Delegations at Opening Ceremony in front of 10,000 spectators
- Compete in a week-long, Olympic-style sporting competition versus global delegations
- Participate in JCC Cares community service project
- Create life-long friendships at evening social events
- Enjoy home hospitality with local Jewish host families
- Receive Team Moise Safra Center swag
- Become part of the JCC Maccabi Family
Donate and Sponsor an Athlete:
Did you participate in Maccabi and had a life-changing experience? Do you want to ensure that all teens have that same experience? Help us create life-long memories for our athletes at this year’s Games!
To donate to the Moise Safra Center Delegation, click here and write in the description “For Team Moise Safra Center- JCC Maccabi 2023.”
Thank you to those who have made Moise Safra Center Maccabi possible and thank you in advance to those who continue to show their support.
To be eligible to participate, an athlete must be at least twelve (12) years old on or before July 31 of the year of the Games and cannot be 17 on or before July 31 of the year of the Games. The same date applies to determine the appropriate age group for athletes. For example, an athlete who turns 15 on July 31 competes in the 15-16 age division. An athlete who turns 15 on August 1 competes in the 13-14 age division.
- Boys’ Basketball (14U and 16U)
- Girls’ Basketball (14U)
- Boys’ Lacrosse
- Girls’ Soccer (14U)