Lead Pre-School Teacher (3-Year-Olds)
Bernice Jacobson Day School & Camp Leave Replacement – January 2019-June 2019 (with possible extension past June 2019).
Under the direction of the Associate Executive Director – Youth & Family, the Pre-School Teacher is responsible for inspiring children to be lifelong learners using our nationally recognized curriculum that promotes social, physical, verbal, and cognitive development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Implement developmentally appropriate and challenging educational curriculum
- Develop lesson plans based on hands-on learning
- Implement SJJCC’s curriculum in a way that is consistent with the unique needs of each child.
- Partner and communicate with parents, with a shared desire to provide the best care and education for their children
- Provide a warm, safe, and caring environment for students to grow, learn and explore.
- Effectively supervise, interact and relate to children in a developmentally appropriate manner.
- Maintain the highest standards of confidentiality for all matters
- Cultivate positive relationships with families, teachers, state licensing authorities, and the community as a whole.
- Additional duties as assigned by supervisor
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education (or related field) preferred. Minimum of Associate’s Degree required
- 2-3 years Early Childhood Education Experience (preferred)
- Outstanding customer service skills, strong organizational skills, and the ability to multi-task and manage multiple situations effectively
- A love for children and a strong desire to make a difference every day
- Ability to build relationships with families and coworkers and create a dynamic environment where play and learning happens
- CPR and First Aid Certification or willingness to obtain