Pickleball is the fastest-growing sport in America, and we’re excited to offer it on our beautiful 8th floor Gymnasium!
Pickleball is a fun and fast-paced game combining several classic games – badminton, tennis, and table tennis. It’s played on a badminton-sized court, with a tennis-like net that is 34 inches high and paddles similar to ping pong, only larger along with a whiffle ball. It is easy for beginners of all ages to learn but can develop into a quick, fast-paced, competitive game for experienced players. People of all ages and athletic abilities will find that pickleball is a fun sport with straightforward rules.
Grab a paddle and meet us on the court!
Mondays | 7:00 pm – 8:00 pm | Teen Open Court Hour
Wednesdays | 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm | Family Open Court Hour
Wednesdays | 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm | Adult Open Court Hours
No prior experience is needed. Paddles are available to borrow.
For more information, contact Natasha at email@example.com
Pickleball at the Moise Safra Center is a recreational and social activity which is open to participants of all skill levels. Players must rotate amongst all available courts to ensure equal access for everyone.
Children are only allowed to play during Family Open Court Hours. Anyone ages 18+ is allowed to play during Adult Open Court Hours.
PICKLEBALL ROTATION ETIQUETTE
Paddles are placed in a single line and a “Next” indicator is used to identify the upcoming players. People play in the exact order in which the paddles were placed in the line.
- Games are 11 points, win by 2, each game determines the Winners and Runner Ups
- Paddles are always added farthest away from the “Next” selector in the following sequence Winners (W), Runner-Ups (RU), Arriving Players (AP)
- If you hit a ball onto the other court, call out “Ball on court”
- Do not run onto another court unannounced
- Come prepared with proper footwear i.e. sneakers
- Stretch before and after you play
- Never dive in order to hit a ball
Players are encouraged to bring their own equipment. We have a limited number of paddles and balls to loan to players.